The Future is Latino! But who are Latinos? Right now, there isn’t much data to tell us that. So, For the first time in North Carolina history, Camino is conducting a comprehensive assessment to better understand the life experiences, strengths, and needs of Latino communities throughout the state. This is the first study that targets the needs of Latino communities since 2006. Help us spread the word and empower Latinos all over the state to let their voices be heard.
- Hear from 5,000 NC Latinos
- Hear from 660 Latinos in Mecklenburg County
- Understand more about Latinos living in NC:
- Needs (social, economic, educational, health)
- Identify gaps in care, access, and need
- Create and improve programs/services to better serve Latinos and address needs
- Who can take the Survey?
- Any Latino and/or Hispanic
- Lives in NC
- Aged 18 or older
- How Long will it take?
- 15-20 minutes anonymous, electronic survey
According to our data since December 2021
54% of immigrants who are not US citizens do not have health insurance
50% are discriminated against, especially in businesses
Dental & vision services are the most needed services
49% need employment training programs
43% seek help from God, church, or pastor when in need
Share the survey
Thank you so much for taking our Latino Strengths and Needs Assessment! The information you provided is going to help Camino and other Latino serving organizations make necessary changes to our services so that we can meet the needs of those we serve. Thank you again!